Older Patient Support Programme
We have enhanced our older patients support programme to help avoid emergency hospital admissions and the need to attend A&E. Our goal is to keep you healthy! Download our full leaflet here
What we will do:
- Our daily on-call doctor is available for urgent appointments and telephone consultations.
- Our dedicated nursing support will provide regular reviews of your health needs, and if required, our team will devise a personal health plan with you.
- Our nurses may contact you for a health review – there is no reason to be concerned as we are just working to keep you healthy.
- We will invite you for immunisations and medical reviews when they are due.
- We will provide home visits for you when they are medically appropriate.
- We can deliver your prescription medications if you need us to – please talk to our dispensary team who can help you.
- We will make our consulting rooms and facilities more user friendly and accessible for you.
- We have a hearing loop for those who have hearing aids.
- We will provide information on our new website to help keep you healthy – this information is also available as leaflets if you prefer
What you can do:
- If you have any questions or need assistance but are unsure if you need to speak to a doctor or nurse please talk to our receptionists – they are here to help you.
- Please keep us up to date with your personal details including your telephone numbers – if you have a mobile let us know and we can send you reminders for appointments.
- Please let us know if you have problems hearing or understanding us.
- Attend health reviews as requested by your GP or nurse.
- Take your medication as it is prescribed – if you have any questions, worries or concerns please discuss them with your doctor or nurse before stopping them.
- If you have difficulty remembering when to take your medicines please talk to our dispensary team as they can help.
- If you have a question about medications or our delivery service, please talk to our dispensing staff.
- Keep up to date with your immunisations - ask us about flu and pneumonia.
- Follow the advice on your personal health plan if you have one.
- We understand that you can become unwell at any time - if you feel you need assistance please call us early so we can help you and avoid you travelling to A&E.
- Remember you can book appointments with our doctors and nurses up to a month in advance – you do not need to book routine appointments on the day.
- Our on-call doctor is always available for emergency appointments on the day – if you require an emergency appointment please tell the receptionist when you call.